My Polyvore Sets

Monday, July 25, 2016

The Bralette Trend

Let's talk about bralettes!  They are adorable, sexy, natural looking, and not for me (in public).  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy wearing them around the house for comfort occasionally, I'm just not sure small children need to be exposed to me seeking a "trendy braless look".
If you are a young, thin A or B cup, go for it - they look great on your shape!  If you are like me.. over 40, in reasonably good shape thanks to power yoga and swimming, but wear a 32 D... gravity is not your friend.  Your girls should be like a good fastball, high and tight.
So many times we learn the hard way, that trends are not for everyone.  Despite the fact the we know this is true, inevitably we ignore common sense and try wearing things that just aren't flattering.  I'm not looking forward to seeing all shapes and sizes of people wearing bralettes around town, no doubt coupled with a low cut shirt.  In fact, this brings up my next subject, they should not make certain things in certain sizes.  When you type "Bralettes in DD" in the google search bar, there should probably be NO results, or maybe the answer should just read "don't go there".  Support was invented for a reason, in fact not wearing a supportive bra could aggravate back and neck pain for the very busty.  It's no secret that poorly fitting bras can also lead to premature sagging of the skin, oooo that sounds sexy.    If you think the bralettes are cute and comfy, get a couple and wear them around the house.  Maybe even wear them to the grocery store once or twice when you are feeling bold!  But in general, a supportive bra is the best way to go, especially if you are a C cup or larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment